Monday, March 7, 2011

FREE OLD NAVY JEANS?! WHAT?!!! :)


I belong to Crowdtap, an online review panel that answers questions, joins in discussions and sometimes, like me, get to sample new products and share the review and great news with all of my friends!  I wrote this last night and wanted to share it!

Me & My Three Sisters got our free sample Old Navy ankle jeans today - plus I had to make a few other purchases while there! ;) I was so excited to be chosen as one of the participants in this sample share. After I received the coupons in the mail yesterday, I could hardly sleep last night knowing the next day me and my three sisters, Melissa, Mindy & Miranda were going shopping for our free ankle jeans!!!

PARTY TIME: I told my sisters the good news yesterday at my sister Miranda’s 27th birthday party. She had come home from out of town for the party so it was a double party with a birthday and the celebration of free jeans from Old Navy in our near future! We made plans to go shopping together this afternoon! The local Old Navy is about a 45 minute drive from my house so my sisters and I made a day of this exciting event! We ate lunch and headed off for our adventure at the mall!

A BIT OF CONFUSION: I came prepared and was glad I printed off the page you sent out about the dates on the backs of the coupons being a typo because they were a bit hesitant about us using the coupons. The store manager had never heard of Crowdtap and it was the first she had seen/heard of the coupons/samples so I tried to fill her in as best I could. I also explained that this was the first sample share so there were a few glitches being ironed out. We also discussed the possibility of Crowdtap informing the Old Navy stores about who they are and events/promotions like this in the future. So on behalf of the Moscow, Idaho Old Navy store I am forwarding that request to you. Another thing I should mention is there was some confusion among the associates as to what exactly the “ankle jeans” were. At the suggestion of the associate, Megan, which is my name, she said to pick a few different styles and that we would ring them up and hopefully one of our selections would work.  They were very nice about it and as it all turned out, there were no problems when they rang up the items and we all got great new jeans and had a wonderful shopping trip. I am so excited to share the photos and write the review on these jeans! It was an awesome day!!!! 

The Style & Function: I tried on the Rockstar Crop, the Diva Relaxed Skinny and the Diva Super Skinny Cuff in both the Tipai wash and the Mekong wash. I really liked all the styles and had a hard time making a decision on just one! I ended up choosing the the Diva Super Skinny Cuff in Tipai which is a medium blue wash with slight worn detailing throughout which I absolutely LOVE! I like the weathering kind of detailing so they look like they have been well loved, which they will be, while still having the hip and modern cut and fit. I tried the jeans on with a girly floral print top (the ruffled gauze top in the purple floral print) and a white cardigan. I will attach the photo.  

I ended up buying the entire outfit (shoes purchased separately) because I loved the mix of the femininity of the floral blouse paired with the edginess of the worn look of the Super Skinny Cuff Diva jeans. I am going to be able to wear these with my tall zip up boots right now since there is still snow on the ground, as well as with my wedges, flats and sandals for spring and summer. They are very versatile which for me is really important. I am a mother of two and have to make a dollar stretch. I need my wardrobe to be not only affordable, but also be filled with items that I can mix and match for all four seasons. So although these pants are probably geared more for spring/summer, you will be finding me wearing them all throughout the year. I am blessed to work from home so I will be able to wear them at home, running errands, going to church (because our church is casual) and just hanging out with family and friends. 

The Fit: I can wear both size 12 & 14 in Old Navy pants but with these I had to go with the size 14. I would probably recommend that if you go back and forth between sizes to try on the larger of the sizes first – the rise is lower on this style and the ankles fit close to the body and might be tight on some ladies legs. I am comfortable with that style though. I like the way these pants hug my body. I have larger hips and thighs and I feel like these jeans do not accentuate that but rather slenderize and lengthen my legs making me look taller and leaner which every lady can appreciate! The quality as usual from Old Navy is top notch while still able to keep the price affordable! I also like that they are comfortable so I will still be able to chase my two sons – Levi 2 and Wyatt 1 - who are both very active and keep this mommy “on-the-go!” 

My Friends:  My sisters who were the recipients of my three friend coupons were very excited and happy with the entire experience as well. Melissa, chose The Rockstar Crop in the black wash. She was a little disappointed to have to go up a size from her regular number to get the right fit but she was happy with a dark jean to dress up or dress down. She was a bit hesitant when I told her we were getting “ankle jeans” but she ended up really liking them.  Mindy, 37, chose The Diva Relaxed Skinny jeans in the Miwok wash (lighter blue). She liked the way the jeans fit and especially liked the worn spot and wash detailing. She has a 14 year old daughter and is looking forward to being the hip “Soccer Mom”!  My sister Miranda is 27 and a slender 5’10”. She ended up purchasing The Diva Super Skinny Cuff in the dark wash. She was very excited about the free jeans! 

Conclusion: My sisters and I recommend trying on several sizes and styles in these jeans to find the right fit and look for you! I think they would be great for a variety of ages, body shapes and walks of life with the various cuts, colors and styles available. These jeans are perfect for my life and lifestyle! Overall, I am VERY SATISFIED & EXCITED with my jeans!  I will be telling all of my friends about these new jeans – and Crowdtap!!! I really enjoyed writing this review. And a HUGE THANK YOU for the opportunity and wonderful experience of being a part of the first Crowdtap sample share! I hope to be a part of future samplings. Thanks!

To become a part of Crowdtap, visit:
 http://crowdtap.com/invitations/4d545a0e137bb00c63000273

5 comments:

  1. Yes, I just told you all what size of jeans I wear. YIKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL!!!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey no fear, that's what size I wear too and I don't mind sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. :) I wish they made jeans in my size! No one carries petite in the larger ladies size unless its the fat lady store, I'm JEALOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love hearing your review Megan! I am fearful of any jeans that are named "super skinny" BUT your description that said they "slenderize and lengthen my legs making me look taller and leaner" makes me not quite so fearful. Maybe I could try this kind of skinny jean afterall ;-) Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Ladies! :) I appreciate it! :) And Emily, that makes me feel better, thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete