Saturday, March 5, 2011

Irish Name, Irish Twins, Irish Temper

I guess it is fitting that a girl with an Irish name, would have Irish twins and an Irish temper!

Isaac is out of town working on his car's brakes at my parent's shop (about 45 minutes away) and he called and asked me to stop by a car supply store to pick up some brake fluid. I said sure and took the boys in with me. Levi took off running up and down and around the isles. I was trying to ask the guy behind the counter for help and as I was running after my son, he was asking me what kind I needed - I said it was for a Subaru Impreza - he asked what year the car was, etc, etc. I DON'T KNOW! Then Levi ran back into the employee only area while I was trying to call Isaac but since he was at my parent's shop, I got my mom instead. Poor mom. I got a little snippy and ended up hanging up on her - not on purpose, but because I was toting Wyatt on my hip, trying to talk on the phone, and trying to chase after my two year old in my high heeled boots! I knew I should have worn sneakers! Plus I have a new phone on top of it and tried to answer a call from back from Isaac and accidentally hung up on him as well! Aaaaaaaa!


I purchased what I hope is the right brake fluid, (while a dad from our church held onto Levi - he and his son walked through the store door at the perfect time!) threw the kids in the van, well I didn't literally throw them in but you know what I mean. While I was buckling Wyatt in his car seat, Levi crawled into the driver's seat while at the same time stepping in my fresh cup of Starbucks Caramel Macchiato! He was screaming because it was hot while it spilled EVERYWHERE -which reminds me I need to go clean up that sticky mess, ugh! I had only had two sips!!!!!  What should have been an easy stop when I was out running errands with the boys, quickly spiraled out of control and left me in, well instead of tears, a fit of anger! But I wanted to cry!

 
I HATE crying! When I was a young girl, I would cry at the drop of a hat - disappointing a teacher or coach, or getting a reprimand from my parents and I would burst out into tears. But now that I have "matured" and become an "adult" I have turned my girly tears into madness! I don't yell or scream but I just feel this frustration bubbling to the surface and by that point, you better just run the other way or else face the red hot birth mark that lights up my forehead and you know the volcano is about to erupt!! I am typically slow to anger and it doesn't happen often but it's typically my husband that gets the brunt of it. I kinda remember, not screaming, but talking VERY LOUDLY when I finally got ahold of him. I wanted him to know how much trouble he had caused me.

I called back to apologize to my husband after I had cooled down - the same as my spilt coffee - and after I had purchased another coffee, but I didn't get a hold of him. I was thinking of that verse, "In your anger do not sin”: Do not let the sun go down while you are still angry"...Ephesians 4:26  I think I didn't do so well this time but thank the Lord he forgives and with His help we can do better next time!

Now I am left wondering and hoping that I got the right brake fluid! I think I remember saying that it BETTER be the right kind cuz I WASN"T GOING BACK! :) Guess I'll find out when I go out there later for my sister & mom's birthday party once the boys wake up from their nap. Now I better go clean up the van...

No comments:

Post a Comment