Sunday, July 10, 2011

My Favorite Crowdtap Experience

Megan L. - My Profile Photo on Crowdtap
The most significant experience that I’ve had on Crowdtap has been being a member of the Old Navy Style Council and the opportunities to sample and review merchandise. I feel priviledged and proud to be a member. I have been lucky to be selected for the Ankle Jeans, Spring Dresses, Spring Accessory Party and most recently the In-Store Summer ShortsParty.




 
I joined Crowdtap in February this year. Shortly after I was excited to be chosen for the Old Navy Ankle Jeans sample share. I couldn’t believe that I would be able to go to Old Navy and get something for free – and not only for myself, but for three of my friends as well!  There were a couple glitches such as shorter coupon redemption dates, and confusion from employees never hearing of Crowdtap and also unsure of which jeans qualified. But overall, it was really great! I like to think I played a small part, through feedback and Old Navy discussions on Crowdtap, to helping shape the future sample shares. The moderators really listened to our feedback and suggestions and every sample share since has been even better and more amazing! 



The Old Navy Spring Dress sample share came just in time for Easter. Me & three friends were able to find just the perfect dress to wear for Easter Sunday. And the Old Navy Spring Accessory party was a blast! I hosted a spring party at my house with fresh flowers from my garden. I told my friends about Crowdtap and being a member of the Old Navy Style Council. We played games like “Name that Accessory” and finding items in your purse the started with each letter of Old Navy. I gave away most of the goodies from my party kit as door prizes including a fedora, two spring scarves, a pair of sunglasses, saddle bag, and five totes. 


Goodies from the Spring Accessory Party Kit!

My Table Setting for the Accessory Party


 

The In-Store Summer Shorts Party was the most fun to date! I was selected to host an in store party and received coupons for myself and three of my friends not just for one item this time, but for an entire outfit – a pair of shorts, a top of our choice, and an accessory (summer hat, belt, scarf, bag, sunglasses, jewelry, or shoes)!! After choosing our perfect outfits, my friends and I hit the isles in our fabulous new clothes looking for that perfect accessory to complete our outfit. We felt like celebrities and thought video cameras should be following us around. We had fun posing and taking photos. By far my most memorable and favorite experience thus far here on Crowdtap!!


It is fun to to tell my friends about it on Facebook & Twitter as well! I also love that not only do I receive coupons for myself for free merchandise, but also for three of my friends each time. That makes it even that much more enjoyable! I also have a few friends that have joined Crowdtap after I've told them about it and have been chosen for sample shares as well. It’s fun to share in their excitement.


I think part of the reason why these sample shares have been so significant for me is in light of my life a year ago. February 2010, only one year after having our oldest son Levi, our youngest son Wyatt was born. Without any warning of impending complications, he was flown to a hospital two hours away. My husband and I spent the next 6 weeks along side him fighting for his life. It is all a bit of a blur and even though he is perfectly healthy now and life is back to normal, well as normal as it can be with two boys (Levi-2 ½ ;Wyatt-1 ½ ), last year took its toll on me. 2010 was about survival. So when we rang in 2011, my resolution was to Live & Enjoy Life! 

I have always enjoyed shopping and love Old Navy’s clothes. They fit me well and are durable, affordable, adorable and comfortable! Which are all something this mom-on-the-go needs!! So being able to take a little time for myself and enjoy shopping with my friends, for FREE clothes, has been amazing! Thank You Crowdtap& Old Navy for playing a part in helping me Live & Enjoy Life this year!!

8 comments:

  1. I love your blog and hope that I will one day be a part of the Old Navy council so I have such a great blog to share with everyone, just likeyou do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Megan,

    Good Day!

    Nice Blog, do look forward to your regular updates and sharing of experience in sampling and reviewing of merchandize out here :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute blog! Can I just say that I'm super jealous that you've been selected for 4 sample shares with Old Navy?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love crowdtap I just joined. I also got selected for the Old Navy sample but mine is pending. I just joined and just started blogging. I need to get my blog figured out more and get back into the swing of things with how to set it up. Any tips there? I just had a major surgery and looking for stuff to fill my time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice Blog ! .. hope to some day get selected for sampling too , maybe am to old ,lol .am on level 6 and am loving Crowdtap!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gretchen job! Love the blog I can see why you won. I am hopping to get some old navy stuff soon :) being a mom myself I am really glad to hear your little one is all better now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing blog! I love reading about others experiences. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Please, could you PM me and notify me few more believes about this Test Guide, My company is really fan within your site.

    ReplyDelete