Friday, October 1, 2010

TGIF!

Hooray! We survived this week!!

It's been "one of those weeks." Levi came down with some kind of bug on Monday night so for the next few days I had a cranky toddler who woke up throughout the night and cried throughout the day - along with a baby who decided he needed to compete with his brother for "Who Can Cry the Loudest?!" I really wanted to join in and compete too but decided it might make them cry even louder. LOL!  But all is better by the end of the week. Hoping Wyatt doesn't end up coming down with it cuz it wasn't an enjoyable experience. 

In fact, Tuesday evening I was so frazzled that I put the boys to bed a half an earlier than usual, told Isaac I was going for a drive and had my cell phone with me but "Only for an emergency!" I knew the boys would stop crying and settle down and that they were safe in their beds, and Isaac had the monitor with him (while he played his video game - have I said how much I hate video games! I guess some wives hate hunting season or football, well I hate video games!!)

Anyways, I got in my van not knowing where I was going but if felt so good to just drive! I really didn't trust myself driving too far cuz I was pretty rattled so I went to Safeway parking lot and reclined my seat and turned up the music really loud. I was wishing I had grabbed a Linkin Park cd on my way out but all I had with me was the new Matt Maher cd and that ended up being the better choice. I didn't feel like being calm but I told God how frustrated I was and that I really didn't feel like praying and exactly how I felt. Funny how I slowly started to relax and a half hour later I was back to my normal Meggie Self.  I left the lot and decided I deserved an ice cream cone from McDonalds. =0)  The rest of the week has been much better. I think I had a break through. =) 

Maybe the rest of you moms have it all together and I applaud and admire you. I think of some of you how have 4, 5 or even more children and just don't know how you do it! I mean I know my situation is probably a bit more intensified having two kids so close together but still, how do you do it?! LOL! =)

Isaac & I enjoyed a dinner out again tonight. I am going to be sad when next Friday is over cuz it's last night of our 4 Friday date nights that our church has been providing child care from 6:30-8 pm for the couples.  It's fun to get dressed up (in something besides my tanks & sweats) ;) It's funny because even in that short time I do miss my boys but I then really appreciate when I am with them again.  And going out makes me kinda feel like when we were first dating and first married. We used to go out almost every weekend for dinner & and a movie. I guess it has made me realize even more just how important of a priority it is going to be to get out at least once or twice a month for a date with my husband.

Well, I can't think of anything else really interesting to "talk" about at the moment so I think I might just head to bed. I have the hardest time falling asleep pretty much every night.  My body is so exhausted for some reason my mind likes to try to process things - too many things circling around in my head I guess. I don't have a fancy iPod but I have an older MP3 player that holds somewhere around 30 songs so I loaded it with some some of my favorite soundtrack scores, piano music and Enya. That seems to help.

Until next time, Good Night & Sweet Dreams for the Mini Van Mom. =)

2 comments:

  1. Meg- You are not the only one that has breakdowns. And mine are not even as close as yours. The other night, I just went and sat in my car, just so I could have quiet. It was so loud in my house. And I hate video games too. Although it has been better since I moved Eric into the computer room :D There are definitely some days I feel like running away... I wish we could trade babysitting. We haven't had a date in forever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Husband/wife dates are very important, and mommy-breaks are sometimes just as important. There are times I have to just get out of the house before I go crazy. Luckily Erik understands this. Sometimes he walks in the door, takes one look at me, hands me the keys and tells me to leave.
    Even if I have nowhere to go, it's nice to just be quiet and be BY MYSELF.

    ReplyDelete